To our valued clients,
As you may be aware, the Manitoba government has extended the order under the Public Health Act for all non-critical businesses to remain closed until at least April 28th. For this reason, we will not be able to re-open our clinics on April 20th. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and announce our re-opening once we are confident of a date the order will be lifted.
We know that this is a difficult time for all, and that in-person visits are not be available for patients right now. We want to assure you that we are continuing to the find solutions for you to be able to receive the health care you need.
For those with upcoming appointments, you will be contacted over the next few days to provide you with the option to reschedule to Tele-Rehabilitation appointments.
If you are in pain or your pain is worsening and it is of great concern to you, or if your exercises are too easy, or you would like to check in with your therapist on progress, while maintaining self-isolation or social distancing protocol, Tele-Rehabilitation is an excellent alternative to in-person visits.
Dear valued clients,
Rest assured, we continue to monitor the updates the Manitoba government set out in order to flatten the Covid curve. It is incredibly important to us, as a clinic, that we follow these guidelines to ensure we are doing our part to keep our patients and community safe.
Here is what you can expect of the strict sanitization and social distancing measures will have in place:
Protocols In Place
To keep doing our part of the recommendation to flatten the curve in limiting the number of cases in our community is to social distance.
Social Distancing is to minimize contact with others. There should be limits to the number of people congregating in a space and non-essential gatherings. One should avoid common contact greetings like handshakes, and there should be additional space given between individuals, approximately 1-2 meters.
In accordance with these guidelines, we have a number of protocols in place to further ensure your health and safety during your appointments. Some of which include the following:
- Mandatory Covid-19 screening at time of booking and upon arrival to ensure you are eligible to attend your appointment.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the facility.
- Therapists will be wearing personal protective wear for their safety and yours.
- Physical distancing measures remain in effect.
- Please wait in your car or outside the clinic until you’ve received a text/call that we are ready for your appointment to begin.
- Once you enter our clinic, our staff will direct you to our hand sanitization station.
- Your treatment will continue with your therapist in a closed curtain room. Each of our beds are spaced at least 1.5 meters apart.
- Prescribed exercises demonstration will be conducted within the curtained area with your therapist or with one of our skilled Elite Professionals in the gym while maintaining responsibly spaced physical distancing measures. A limited version of your home program will be demonstrated in order to limit the number of people in the gym at one time.
- When your appointment is complete, you will be directed to wash your hands again.
- We continue to maintain strict sanitization practices of wiping down all surfaces with disinfecting spray multiple times each day, as well as all equipment and surfaces touched by each client (before and after).
- Only credit card or debit payment will be accepted. We will send an electronic copy of your receipt to your email.
COVID-19 Self-Assessment will be emailed to you within your appointment reminders sent 24 hours before your appointment and we ask that you please re-schedule appointments if you are feeling unwell, and/or had a Covid test and still waiting on results.
What is tele-rehabilitation?
Tele-rehab, often referred to as TeleHealth, is the remote delivery of physiotherapy services using virtual communication technologies (including but not restricted to video conferencing, internet or telephone).
Will I get good quality care?
Expect to receive the same safe, quality care that you would get during an in-person visit. Physiotherapists are expected to meet the same Standards of Practice regardless of how the services are delivered.
Will my insurance cover telerehabilitation physiotherapy services?
We direct bill to a number of insurance providers that are set up to cover tele-rehabilitation.
- Manitoba Blue Cross
- Canada Life (Great West Life)
- Manitoba Public Insurance
- Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba – until April 26, 2020
Other providers we do not direct bill to, but will provide a paid invoice to submit for reimbursement include:
Check with your insurance provider to see if coverage for virtual rehabilitation service is accepted.
On March 20, 2020 the Government of Manitoba declared a state of emergency due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Part of the recommendation to flatten the curve in limiting the number of cases in our community is to social distance.
For New Assessment:
After a thorough subjective and objective examination the physiotherapist should be able to provide:
- A working diagnosis for the injury
- Education for the patient regarding the injury
- Discussion regarding strategies to manage the current injury or pain, including activities they should or should not be doing
- Home exercise program including pain management strategies, relaxation techniques, stretching, strengthening, etc., as the physiotherapist sees fit
- The physiotherapist will ask for an update on current symptoms, function, activity level, etc.
- The physiotherapist will look at functional movements as well as current the current exercise program
- The physiotherapist will provide ongoing education to patients
- The physiotherapist will progress the exercise programs as they see fit and ensure the patient understands and is comfortable with the new information and program
Here are a few frequently asked questions about telerehabilitation in physiotherapy:
What to expect in a Tele-Rehab appointment
We do recognize some may still prefer or require further distancing measures. For this reason, our TeleRehabilitation physiotherapy service is available to support your health care needs.Learn more about Tele-Rehab
If you have concerns or questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email us. We appreciate your continued support during this difficult time.
We are all in this together, take care and stay healthy!
Wade Miller (Co-founder) and The Elite Sports Injury Team